food interaction for TELVAS
alcohol interaction for TELVAS
pregnancy interaction for TELVAS
lactation interaction for TELVAS
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TELVAS
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TELVAS 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking TELVAS 40 MG TABLET
- 83%Once A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
- 3%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for TELVAS
- TELMA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39pay 39% more per tablet
- TAZLOC 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 64.26pay 39% more per tablet
- TELISTA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.40/tabletRs. 96pay 38% more per tablet
- TELMIKIND 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 28.30save 39% more per tablet
- TELLZY 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39pay 39% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TELVAS
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for TELVAS
Q.Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q.Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q.Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q.Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.