food interaction for TELROSE
alcohol interaction for TELROSE
pregnancy interaction for TELROSE
lactation interaction for TELROSE
Taking alcohol with Rosuvastatin increases the chances of liver dysfunction.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TELROSE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TELROSE 40 MG/10 MG TABLET
Patients taking TELROSE 40 MG/10 MG TABLET
- 97%Once A Day
- 3%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TELROSE
- TELLZY RS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.75/tabletRs. 157.50save 6% more per tablet
- T MART R TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 12.60/tabletRs. 125.95save 25% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for TELROSE
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for TELROSE
Q.Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q.Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q.Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q.Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q.Is rosuvastatin lipophilic?
No. It is hydrophilic in nature
Q.Is rosuvastatin safe?
Rosuvastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is rosuvastatin gluten free?
Yes, rosuvastatin is gluten fre
Q.Is rosuvastatin better than simvastatin?
Rosuvastatin is better than simvastatin as this is longer acting, more potent and has less side effects. Although, Rosuvastatinand simvastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action