food interaction for TEDRAL
alcohol interaction for TEDRAL
pregnancy interaction for TEDRAL
lactation interaction for TEDRAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TEDRAL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TEDRALNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TEDRAL
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from diabetes (high blood sugar levels), angle-closure glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) and difficulty passing urine or kidney impairment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rashes or bleeding from the stomach or intestine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to ephedrine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you are suffering from heart condition (ischemic heart disease), hypertension (high blood pressure), hyperthyroidism and prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate gland).
- Children below 1 year should not consume this drug.
Frequently asked questions for TEDRAL
Q.Is ephedrine dangerous/safe?
Ephedrine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is ephedrine illegal/ controlled substance?
Ephedrine is legal. Ephedrine is not currently classified as a controlled substance.
Q.Is ephedrine a stimulant?
Yes, ephedrine is a stimulant
Q.Does ephedrine raise blood pressure?
Yes, ephedrine may increase blood pressure. It is used to treat low blood pressure (hypotension) caused during spinal or epidural anesthesia
Q.Does ephedrine cause hair loss/ drowsiness/ constipation/ acne/ weight loss?
No, ephedrine is not known to cause hair loss, drowsiness, constipation, acne or weight loss. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does ephedrine burn muscle/help lose weight?
Ephedrine is known to cause weight loss. However, it is not widely used as a treatment for weight loss.
Q.Is theophylline a steroid/ corticosteroid/ phosphodiesterase inhibitor/ stimulant/ antibiotic/ beta agonist/ bronchodilator/ used for COPD?
Theophylline (also available as Unicontin) is a xanthine derivative and a nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It is a stimulant; not an antibiotic or beta agonist. Theophylline is a bronchodilator and used to prevent and treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases
Q.Does theophylline cause weight gain/ raise blood pressure/ weight loss/ insomnia/ tachycardia/ constipation/ hair loss?
Theophylline may cause increased heart rate, irregular heartbeat, insomnia. However, it is unlikely to cause weight gain, weight loss or hair loss. If any of the above side effects occur while taking theophylline, check with your doctor immediately
Q.Does theophylline need to weaned/ tapered?
No. Theophylline need not be weaned or tapered.