SALT INFORMATIONTelmisartan(40 mg)
Telmisartan belongs to a class of medicines known as angiotensin II receptor blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure, prevention and treatment of heart attack (myocardial Infarction) and heart failure; when heart is unable to pump sufficient blood. It is also used for kidney failure in patients with diabetes.
How it works
Telmisartan blocks the action of a substance (angiotensin II) responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure.
Common side effects
Abdominal bloating, Cough, Decreased blood pressure, Facial swelling, Hypersensitivity reaction, Itching, Muscle cramp, Pain in muscles, Vomiting
- TELMA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39same price
- TELISTA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.40/tabletRs. 96same price
- TELVAS 40 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.62/tabletRs. 46.21save 28% more per tablet
- TELLZY 40 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39same price
- TELSAR 40 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.39same price
- Get your blood pressure, potassium, and kidney function checked 1 week after starting the medicine, then routinely after.
- Consult your doctor about any dizziness or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Get immediate medical help if you notice any swelling, especially around your head and neck.
- Do not start or continue telmisartan tablets and consult your doctor if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to telmisartan or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure.
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker.
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.).
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.