food interaction for TAXIM O
alcohol interaction for TAXIM O
pregnancy interaction for TAXIM O
lactation interaction for TAXIM O
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TAXIM O
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TAXIM O 25 MG DROP
Patients taking TAXIM O 25 MG DROP
- 100%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TAXIM O
- MAHACEF DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5/ML of dropRs. 50save 10% more per ML of drop
- ZIFI 25 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)FDC LtdRs. 4.95/ML of dropRs. 49.50save 11% more per ML of drop
- C TAX O 25 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 4.44/ML of dropRs. 44.40save 20% more per ML of drop
- TAXONE O 25MG DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.64/ML of dropRs. 46.44save 16% more per ML of drop
- HIFEN 25 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 4.25/ML of dropRs. 42.50save 23% more per ML of drop
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for TAXIM O
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for TAXIM O
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.