Medicine Overview of Taxedol Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Muscle pain, Hair loss, Hypersensitivity, Loss of appetite, Infection, Diarrhoea, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Altered taste, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Febrile neutropenia, Neuropathy.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Taxedol 20mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Taxedol Injection
- Before docetaxel is administered to you, ensure that all the blood tests and liver-function tests have been adequately performed.
- Inform your doctor before taking docetaxel if you suffer from alcohol dependence or liver impairment as this medicine contains alcohol (ethanol).
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Consult your doctor if you intend to have a child during and 6 months after docetaxel treatment, as it may affect fertility.
- Inform your doctor before taking docetaxel if you have heart, kidney or liver problems, abnormal liver function, swelling or fluid retention in the body, weakened immune system, infections, problems with bone-marrow, low platelet or white blood cell count, or if you have previously received radiation therapy.
Taxedol Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Taxedol 20mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Taxedol 20mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
It is not known whether Taxedol 20mg Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Taxedol 20mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Taxedol 20mg Injection is recommended.
Taxedol 20mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Taxedol 20mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Taxedol Injection
Taxedol belongs to the taxane class of drugs. It is not an anthracycline derivative
Yes. Since, Taxedol kills the cancer cells in the body; it is regarded as a cytotoxic agent
Taxedol may cause hair loss, bone pain or weight gain due to fluid retention. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Taxedol is derived from the bark of the yew tree found in the pacific region
Yes. Taxedol is approved by the USFDA.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Taxedol 20mg Injection: NAS, TNH, HPC, PWN, MMS, AAY, MDO, DLP, RHW, ARD, OWP, PPR, ADT, ANT, BMJ, LCC, SWA, RWP, 9T9, THP, NDP, RPP, RHL, DVH, DFP, NNH, QLF, PNT, DPL, BLE, TFP, FGH, BDN, SDM, HSP, SGH, NSL, SWP, RSS, PLT, CLT, AMR, DHR, WHL, HZF, SHP, KMC, RSA, RDH, P2P, USF, JSL, RPI, HMP, PVP, BAP, EVP, BBS, ABP, DYG, HIP, RDR, AYM, ATL, HEX, MSD, SPD, DGN, GBL, OIP, SYN, HGI, GPT, EMB, MPC, SHC, QTM, BTM, VDH, RJH, EPS, AAR, BIO, SRG, GHR, GTK, MAX, IPL, INC, MAK, TRP, VRS, RUS, NVY, SAF, SHD, PRN, NVL, NWP, SBA, HTS, ENP, UMP, ZPR, NTB, AGT, SLN, MAM, BAL, GPP, MLC, VNS, BSN, SGC, ATP, BHP, SVH, IAD, JVN, EQN, JVO, DPP, ESY, SCH, HBV, KHC, HAT, LHA, STA, RKS, BHM, ZVP, WSI, GTC, DAO, OHM, SSA, MDH, AYU, PTI, PMA, TOM, OLT, JIV, HNP, KHH, NXG, SJP, GNC, SBL, CHP, ZEL, SVS, PEN