food interaction for TAMLET
alcohol interaction for TAMLET
pregnancy interaction for TAMLET
lactation interaction for TAMLET
Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking tolterodine.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TAMLET
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TAMLET
- ROLIFLO OD-4 CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24.65/capsuleRs. 246.50pay 10% more per capsule
- TOLTAM CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 21.35/capsuleRs. 213.50save 5% more per capsule
- BAPTER 0.4 MG/4 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 19.57/capsuleRs. 195.75save 13% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR TAMLET
- Take the drug 30 minutes after the same meal every day.
- You may feel very dizzy when you first wake up. Be careful when standing or sitting up from a lying position.
- Do not start or continue the tamsulosin tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic to tamsulosin, soya, peanut or to any of the other ingredients of tablet/capsule.
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor.
- Tamsulosin lowers blood pressure and may cause dizziness or fainting, especially when you first start taking it, or when you start taking it again. Call your doctor if you have severe dizziness or feel like you might pass out.
Frequently asked questions FOR TAMLET
Q. Is tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam available over the counter?
No. Tamsulosin/ Flomax/ Veltam is not available over the counter. It is a prescription drug
Q. Is tamsulosin a steroid/ a diuretic?
No. Tamsulosin is not a steroid or diuretic. It is an alpha blocker
Q. Can I take tamsulosin with Cialis/ tadalafil/ finasteride/ ibuprofen/ sildenafil/ Viagra/ paracetamol/Tylenol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/, ciprofloxacin?
There are no confirmed studies about any interaction between tamsulosin and finasteride/ ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Sudafed/ aspirin/ ciprofloxacin. However when tamsulosin is taken along with tadalafil or sildenefil the blood pressure may get lowered. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Does tamsulosin cause weight gain?
There is no confirmed evidence about tamsulosin causing weight gain. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q. Does tamsulosin lower prostate specific antigen?
Tamsulosin can lower the prostate specific antigen. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine
Q. Does tamsulosin shrink prostate?
Tamsulosin is used to treat symptoms of enlarge prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia), however tamsulosin does not shrink the prostate
Q. Does tamsulosin contain sulfa?
Yes, tamsulosin contains sulpha (sulphur moiety, sulphonamide). Please consult your doctor prior to taking tamsulosin, if you have any allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives (sulfa allergy).
Q. Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. Is tolterodine same as Detrol?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Q. Is tolterodine a generic drug?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic dru
Q. Is tolterodine a prodrug?
No, it is not a prodrug
Q. What is tolterodine l-tartrate?
Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
Q. Does tolterodine cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of tolterodine.