food interaction for TAMIGEN
alcohol interaction for TAMIGEN
pregnancy interaction for TAMIGEN
lactation interaction for TAMIGEN
medicine interaction for TAMIGEN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TAMIGEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TAMIGEN
- GENCIN 0.3% DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.08/ML of dropRs. 10.80save 26% more per ML of drop
- GENTAMIDE 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 1.35/ML of dropRs. 6.73save 7% more per ML of drop
- MERIGENTA DROP(5 ML drop in packet)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.42/ML of dropRs. 7.12save 2% more per ML of drop
- GARASOL 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.79/ML of dropRs. 8.95pay 23% more per ML of drop
- GEROCIN DPS 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)P & B Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.33/ML of dropRs. 6.67save 8% more per ML of drop
Expert advice FOR TAMIGEN
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions FOR TAMIGEN
Q. Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q. Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q. What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q. Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.