Medicine Overview of Talimyde Tablet
Talimyde 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma
and lepra reaction.
Headache, Sleepiness, Nausea, Rash, Breathlessness, Weakness, Dizziness, Edema (swelling), Loss of appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Decreased calcium level in blood, Weight gain, Fatigue, Muscle weakness, Fever, Anxiety, Blood clots , Dry skin, Weight loss, Confusion, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy, Constipation, Tremor.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Talimyde 100mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
Talimyde 100mg Tablet modulates the activity of body's immune system and helps indirectly attacking the cancer cells. It also stops the growth of blood vessels in cancer.
In Depth Information on Talimyde Tablet
- Use an effective method of contraception for 4 weeks before starting treatment, during treatment, and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Before taking thalidomide inform your doctor if you have had a heart attack, have ever had a blood clotting related disorder, or if you smoke, have high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels, have existing slow heart rate (this may be symptoms of bradycardia), existing neuropathy i.e. tingling, abnormal co-ordination or pain in your hands or feet, sleepiness, a condition called Tumor Lysis Syndrome, severe infections.
- Consult a doctor if you develop allergic reaction such as rash, itching, swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing during thalidomide therapy.
- Avoid donating blood during thalidomide treatment and for 1 week after stopping treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as thalidomide may cause fatigue, dizziness, somnolence and blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Talimyde Tablet related warnings
Taking thalidomide together with alcohol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.
Talimyde 100mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Talimyde 100mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
You may experience side effects, such as dizziness, tiredness, sleepiness or blurred vision with Talimyde 100mg Tablet and this may affect your ability to drive.
Talimyde 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Talimyde 100mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Talimyde 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Talimyde 100mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Talimyde 100mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Talimyde 100mg Tablet: QTM, EMB, NSL, SHD, HSP, OLT, AMR, SVH, HGI, BBS, DYG, MAM, BHM, HPC, NNH, ZVP, GTC, ESY, BLE, CLT, SPD, RPP, KHC, NDP, BTM, EVP, PTI, MDH, AGT, MMS, 9T9, AAR, SCH, RHW, AYU, TRP, BAL, SWP, WSI, FGH, KHH, HTS, PWN, SWA, AAY, DPP, JVO, RHL, BSN, MPC, TOM, PPR, OIP, JIV, HAT, SSA, DAO, SHC, ARD, RKS, GHR, RUS, RPI, SRG, PNT, SBA, HBV, LCC, STA, THP, NAS, MSD, RDR, GTK, BHP, GPT, ADT, BAP, JSL, UMP, DLP, RSA, DFP, PMA, IAD, HEX, INC, HIP, NTB, KMC, VRS, VNS, PVP, JVN, TFP, NXG, QLF, MLC, WHL, RSS, RDH, SGH, OHM, SJP, GNC, DVH, SBL, PLT, OWP, BIO, RJH, USF, ENP, TNH, BMJ, PEN, NVL, GPP, SGC, DGN, MAK, BDN, EQN, SYN, MAX, AYM, ATP, DPL, SHP, ATL, SVS, LHA, RWP, MDO, SDM, HZF, HNP, PRN, ZEL, VDH, SAF, NVY, HMP, DHR, IPL, P2P, ANT, GBL, ABP, SLN