food interaction for TAKFA
alcohol interaction for TAKFA
pregnancy interaction for TAKFA
lactation interaction for TAKFA
medicine interaction for TAKFA
Avoid Takfa 0.5 mg capsule with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TAKFA
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR TAKFA 0.5 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking TAKFA 0.5 MG CAPSULE
- 45%Twice A Day
- 45%Once A Day
- 5%Alternate Day
- 5%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR TAKFA
- PANGRAF 0.5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 17.59/capsuleRs. 175.95same price
- VINGRAF 0.5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.59/capsuleRs. 175.95same price
- TACROGRAF 0.5MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)BioconRs. 17.59/capsuleRs. 175.95same price
- TACROMUS 0.5 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 17.60/capsuleRs. 175.98same price
- IMUNOTAC 0.5 CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 21.57/capsuleRs. 215.68pay 23% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR TAKFA
- Take tacrolimus on empty stomach or 2-3 hours after a meal.
- Do not take tacrolimus if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine; or to sirolimus or other macrolide antibiotics (erythromycin, clarithromycin).
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver problems, abnormal electrical signaling of the heart (QT interval prolongation), or diarrhea lasting for more than a day; abdominal pain, with or without vomiting, nausea, chills and fever.
- Avoid using tacrolimus if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Limit exposure to the sun while taking the drug. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen when stepping out in the sun, to prevent skin cancer.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking tacrolimus as it may cause dizziness.
Frequently asked questions FOR TAKFA
Q. Is tacrolimus a steroid?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug. It is not a steroid drug
Q. Is tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
Tacrolimus may cause destruction of certain types of cells (cytotoxic) and may impair kidney function (nephrotoxic). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is tacrolimus the same as Prograf?
Yes. Progarf is a branded form of tacrolimus available in the market
Q. Is tacrolimus safe?
Yes. Tacrolimus is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take tacrolimus with omeprazole?
Omeprazole may increase the blood levels of tacrolimus. It can be taken with omeprazole only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does tacrolimus cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression?
Tacrolimus may cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.