Medicine Overview of Taf Powder
Uses of Taf Powder
Taf Powder is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How to use Taf Powder
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Taf Powder at a fixed time.
How Taf Powder works
Taf powder stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Taf Powder
Expert advice for Taf Powder
- Do not use clotrimazole topical for vaginal infections if you are menstruating.
- Do not take clotrimazole pessary by mouth. Avoid direct contact of cream or drops with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not use tampons, vaginal douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using clotrimazole for vaginal infections.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse during treatment of vaginal infections.
- Do not use the vaginal tablets in children younger than 16 years.
- Tell your doctor if you have had two infections of fungal vaginitis in the last six months, history of sexually transmitted disease (STD) or exposed to a partner with STD, or have pregnancy or suspected pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor before using clotrimazole, if you have any of the following symptoms: irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding, a blood-stained discharge, vulval or vaginal ulcers, blisters or sores, lower abdominal pain, fever or chills, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or foul smelling vaginal discharge.
- Seek immediate medical advice if symptoms do not relieve within a week of using vaginal cream or tablets, or infection recurs more than twice within six months.
- Patients allergic to clotrimazole or other imidazole antifungal medications or any of its ingredients.
- It should not given to patients who never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor.
- It should not take if patient is who have itching caused by a condition other than a yeast infection.
Special precautions for Taf Powder
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Taf Powder is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Taf Powder is probably safe to use during lactation. Limite+more
d human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Taf Powder does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Taf Powder is probably safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Taf Powder may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Taf Powder is probably safe to use in patients with liver di+more
sease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Taf Powder may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Taf 1% w/w Powder
Frequently asked questions for Clotrimazole Topical
Q. Is clotrimazole a steroid?
Clotrimazole is an imidazole antifungal medication and not a steroid.
Substitutes for Taf Powder
Imidil 1% w/w Dusting Powder
Hetero Drugs Ltd
₹0.6/gm of Dusting Powder
Magnaderm 1% w/w Dusting Powder
Anhox Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹0.73/gm of Dusting Powder
Zocon 1% w/w Dusting Powder
₹0.9/gm of Dusting Powder
Cloben Dusting Powder
Indoco Remedies Ltd
₹0.94/gm of Dusting Powder
Kansel 1% w/w Dusting Powder
₹0.95/gm of Dusting Powder