food interaction for SULPHADIAZINE
alcohol interaction for SULPHADIAZINE
pregnancy interaction for SULPHADIAZINE
lactation interaction for SULPHADIAZINE
medicine interaction for SULPHADIAZINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SULPHADIAZINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR SULPHADIAZINENo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR SULPHADIAZINE
- Complete the full course of sulfadiazine treatment to clear the infection and to prevent the development of bacterial resistance.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any infection as long term use of sulfadiazine is known to cause secondary infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as sulfadiazine may increase the sensitivity to the sun.
- Take sulfadiazine with caution if you have diarrhea, sore throat, stomach or intestinal infection; or if you have a history of asthma, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency or any other blood problems.
- Take necessary precaution if you have diabetes as sulfadiazine may cause low blood sugar.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfadiazine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol along with sulfadiazine as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR SULPHADIAZINE
Q. Is sulfadiazine an antibiotic?
Sulfadiazine belongs to class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotic
Q. Does sulfadiazine contain sulfa?
It contains sulfa
Q. Is sulfadiazine the same as sulfasalazine?
No. Sulfadiazine is different from sulfasalazine.