Substitutes for Sulphadiazine
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Sulphadiazine Tablet
Uses of Sulphadiazine Tablet
Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
Side effects of Sulphadiazine Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction.
How to use Sulphadiazine Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Sulphadiazine Tablet works
Sulphadiazine 500mg tablet is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
In Depth Information on Sulphadiazine Tablet
Expert advice for Sulphadiazine Tablet
- Complete the full course of sulfadiazine treatment to clear the infection and to prevent the development of bacterial resistance.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any infection as long term use of sulfadiazine is known to cause secondary infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as sulfadiazine may increase the sensitivity to the sun.
- Take sulfadiazine with caution if you have diarrhea, sore throat, stomach or intestinal infection; or if you have a history of asthma, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency or any other blood problems.
- Take necessary precaution if you have diabetes as sulfadiazine may cause low blood sugar.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfadiazine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol along with sulfadiazine as it may worsen the side effects.
Special precautions for Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
A decision to continue/discontinue breast-feeding or to continue/discontinue therapy with sulfadiazine should be made following careful risk benefit evaluation....
A decision to continue/discontinue breast-feeding or to continue/discontinue therapy with sulfadiazine should be made following careful risk benefit evaluation.
Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy,+more
tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Montomycin 450mg Capsule, Ticin 150mg Tablet, Acitrom 4mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Sulfadiazine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Sulphadiazine 500mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Sulfadiazine
Q. Is sulfadiazine an antibiotic?
Sulfadiazine belongs to class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotic
Q. Does sulfadiazine contain sulfa?
It contains sulfa
Q. Is sulfadiazine the same as sulfasalazine?
No. Sulfadiazine is different from sulfasalazine.