food interaction for SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
alcohol interaction for SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
pregnancy interaction for SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
lactation interaction for SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
medicine interaction for SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROPNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
- Complete the full course of sulfacetamide treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not apply sulfacetamide while you are wearing contact lenses. Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after using sulfacetamide to put in the contact lenses.
- Ensure that you do not rub your eyes even if your vision is blurred after applying sulfacetamide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfacetamide may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR SULFACETAMIDE 10% EYE DROP
Q. Is sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution an antibiotic/ a sulfa drug?
Sulfacetamide belongs to a class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotics
Q. Is sulfacetamide used for pink eye?
Yes. Sulfacetamide is used for pink eye (conjunctivitis; inflammation of the eye)
Q. Is sulfacetamide supposed to burn?
Sulfacetamide may cause burning sensation. Consult your doctor burning continues for more than 48 hours.