Medicine Overview of Streptokinase Injection
Allergic reaction, Nausea, Vomiting, Decrease in blood pressure, Injection site bleeding.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Streptokinase 1500mg Injection works by dissolving the harmful blood clots in the blood vessels. This allows reperfusion of affected tissue, preventing tissue death and improving outcomes.
In Depth Information on Streptokinase Injection
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of tuberculosis, bronchitis (inflammation of the airway passages in the lungs) or other severe lung disease, any heart or circulation problems, or infection caused by streptococcal bacteria or rheumatic fever (bacterial disease in which there is fever and inflammation of the heart, blood vessels and joints) or throat infection.• Patients who are allergic to streptokinase or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of any recent internal bleeding, unusual susceptibility to bleeding, history of blood vessels disorders (e.g. weakness in an artery, excessive localized swelling of arteries) or uncontrolled high blood pressure or have any clotting disorders or are taking any drugs to prevent blood clotting.
• Should not be given to patients who have undergone a recent surgery especially of the head or spine, or recently had a stroke, serious head injury, brain tumor, tumor which increases risk of bleeding.
• Should not be given to patients with severe liver or kidney damage or inflammation of the pancreas (acute pancreatitis) or inflammation of inner and outer layers of the heart (endocarditis or pericarditis) or peptic ulceration (sores in the lining of the stomach) or heavy vaginal bleeding.
• Should not be given to pregnant women and children.
Streptokinase Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Streptokinase 1500mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Streptokinase 1500mg Injection during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
Not relevant, as Streptokinase 1500mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Streptokinase 1500mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Streptokinase 1500mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Streptokinase 1500mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Streptokinase 1500mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Streptokinase 1500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Streptokinase 1500mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Streptokinase 1500mg Injection
What were the side-effects while using Streptokinase 1500mg Injection?
Decrease in blood pressure
How do you take Streptokinase Injection? How much was the improvement? What are you using Streptokinase Injection for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Streptokinase 1500mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Streptokinase Injection
Yes, Streptokinase restores the perfusion of myocardium.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Streptokinase 1500mg Injection: FGH, BDN, RHW, ABP, NDP, GTC, SWP, DFP, BBS, PWN, SHD, MAX, BMJ, NTB, SGC, VRS, BHP, KHH, NSL, AAY, BIO, CLT, ADT, MLC, RSA, PTI, HAT, EMB, SHP, PNT, SRG, 9T9, MSD, RJH, WSI, MDO, NVL, GBL, SBL, MAK, TRP, PEN, BSN, RHL, RSS, PVP, DGN, RKS, EQN, BAL, ZVP, OLT, JMJ, ATP, DPP, SBA, PPR, MAM, MPC, INC, SAF, OWP, SVH, ZEL, AYU, HIP, TOM, SJP, USF, THP, GNC, HPC, ANT, AVN, IAD, SDM, TNH, MOM, GTK, SCH, SSA, ARD, DHR, OIP, JIV, SYN, STA, ENP, RUS, GPT, WHL, MMS, UMP, IPL, RWP, DYG, PLT, SAT, HGI, HMP, NVY, HEX, SWA, DPL, JVO, BTM, NNH, DLP, RPP, DDR, AMR, NWP, OHM, ATL, LCC, LHA, HBV, PRN, NXG, AGT, AAR, JVN, GPP