food interaction for STEDMOXT
alcohol interaction for STEDMOXT
pregnancy interaction for STEDMOXT
lactation interaction for STEDMOXT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for STEDMOXT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for STEDMOXTNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for STEDMOXT
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- You may have loose stools while taking this drug. It gets better after finishing the course, If it worsens consult your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Space the doses evenly during the day, at least 4 hours apart.
- Keep taking amoxicillin until the treatment is finished, even if you feel better.
- Do not take amoxicillin for more than 2 weeks or two doses in 1 hour.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking amoxicillin before you go through urine or blood tests for liver function test.
- Consult your doctor before taking amoxicillin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for STEDMOXT
Q.Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria?
Amoxicillin is active against aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections
Q.Does amoxicillin cause yeast infections?
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and hence with prolonged use may also kill helpful bacteria in the body that keep the body’s yeast population in check, thereby causing yeast infections
Q.Can I take amoxicillin for sore throat, cold, cough, flu, food poisoning, pseudomonas infection or virus infections?
Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections not viruses. Food poisoning (due to Salmonella), pseudomonas infections, as well as sore throat, cold and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin
Q.Does amoxicillin cause constipation, drowsiness or headache?
No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation, drowsiness or headache. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.How long does novamoxin take to work?
Anywhere between one to seven days but it depends on the type of infection and its severity
Q.Is novamoxin gluten free?
Novamoxin, which contains amoxicillin, is gluten free.
Q.Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q.Is tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q.Is tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q.Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q.Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q.Does tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking tinidazole.