food interaction for STARPRESS R
alcohol interaction for STARPRESS R
pregnancy interaction for STARPRESS R
lactation interaction for STARPRESS R
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR STARPRESS R
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR STARPRESS R XL 25 TABLET
Patients taking STARPRESS R XL 25 TABLET
- 88%Once A Day
- 12%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR STARPRESS R
- PROLOMET R 25 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.20/tabletRs. 122pay 6% more per tablet
- SELORAM 25 MG/2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 13.20/tabletRs. 132pay 15% more per tablet
- ACE REVELOL 25/2.5 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125pay 9% more per tablet
- EMBETA-R 25MG/2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115same price
- MET XL R 25MG/2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 9.30/tabletRs. 93save 19% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR STARPRESS R
- Metoprolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Metoprolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Metoprolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Metoprolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR STARPRESS R
Q. Is metoprolol safe?
Metoprolol (also available as metolar XR 50/ met Xl/ metolar/ embeta XR) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is metoprolol a diuretic/ beta blocker/statin/ MAOI/ ACE inhibitor or ARB/ calcium channel blocker?
Metoprolol belongs to the class of beta-blocker drug. It is not a diuretic, statin, MAOI, ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker
Q. Is metoprolol tartrate the same as toprol XL?
Metoprolol tartrate and toprol XL are same and Toprol xl is the brand name of the generic drug metoprolol
Q. Can I take metoprolol with amlodipine/ Nyquil /Xanax/ Aspirin/ Ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Lisinopril?
Metoprolol can be taken with amlodipine, Lisinopril, Xanax and Aspirin. It is advised to take Nyquil and Metoprolol with doctor’s advice, because Nyquil contains antihistamines which might elevate blood pressure. Ibuprofen is NSAID, which interacts with metoprolol and should be avoided. Metoprolol may slow down the heart rate, and diphenhydramine can cause drowsiness, so Benadryl should be taken only if needed and under doctor’s advice. Metoprolol tartrate oral will increase the level or effect of Zoloft (sertraline) by altering drug metabolism
Q. Does metoprolol cause hair loss/ headache/ lower heart rate/ lower blood pressure/ weight gain/ memory loss/ itching/ cough/ itching/ gas?
Metoprolol may cause some of these effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q. Is ramipril a diuretic?
No, ramipril is not a diuretic It belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors), mainly used to reduce high blood pressure
Q. Is ramipril safe?
Ramipril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is ramipril or cardace a calcium channel blocker/alpha blocker/ beta blocker?
No, ramipril or cardace is an ACE inhibitor and shows no known effects on calcium channels or alpha receptors or beta receptors
Q. Is ramipril a nitrate or a statin?
Ramipril is neither a nitrate nor a statin. It is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. What are Cardace / Ramistar/Hopace used for?
Cardace, Ramistar, Hopace are all trade names for the active drug ramipril. Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor used to treat high blood pressure
Q. Can I take ramipril with simvastatin/amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine-decongestant preparation)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between ramipril when taken with simvastatin/ amlodipine/ Viagra/naproxen/prednisolone/ metformin/Sudafed. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Can I take ramipril with ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen can be taken with ramipril, however, it is known that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs may reduce the antihypertensive effects of ramipril. Consult your doctor about any medications currently taken before starting and while on ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause coughing?
Yes, non-productive tickling cough, is one of the common side effects or ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause frequent urination?
No, ramipril has no known effect on increasing the frequency of urination. It may rarely increase the urine output but not affect the frequency of urination
Q. Does ramipril cause itching?
Yes, ramipril may cause itching of skin. It is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril cause an increase in potassium levels in the blood?
Yes, increased potassium levels is one a common side effects of ramipril
Q. Does ramipril cause depression?
Yes, ramipril may cause depression; however, it is not very commonly observed
Q. Does ramipril thin the blood?
No. ramipril has no known effect on blood thinning
Q. Is ramipril available in India?
Yes, ramipril is available in India with more than 100 brand names.