food interaction for SPIROPIRF
alcohol interaction for SPIROPIRF
pregnancy interaction for SPIROPIRF
lactation interaction for SPIROPIRF
Avoid Spiropirf 200mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SPIROPIRF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SPIROPIRF
- PIRFENEX 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 20.35/tabletRs. 203.50pay 16% more per tablet
- PIRFETAB 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 17.70/tabletRs. 177pay 1% more per tablet
- FIBRODONE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 17.55/tabletRs. 175.50same price
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for SPIROPIRF
- Pirfenidone makes you more sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity). Avoid the sun (including sunlamps) whilst taking pirfenidone. Wear sunblock daily and cover your arms, legs and head to reduce exposure to sunlight.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as tetracycline antibiotics, as they can make you more photo sensitive.
- Do not take pirfenidone if you are currently taking any other medicine such as fluvoxamine, it should be discontinued prior to the initiation of pirfenidone therapy and avoided during pirfenidone therapy.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant.
- Avoid smoking or use tobacco products.
- Stop smoking while on and before beginning pirfenidone, as it can reduce the effect of pirfenidone.
- Pirfenidone may cause dizziness and tiredness. If you feel tired or dizzy be caution while driving or operating machinery.
- Stop using pirfenidone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience a serious allergic (hypersensitivity) reaction characterized by swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue, difficulty breathing or wheezing; or skin reaction to sunlight or sunlamps such as blistering and/or marked peeling of the skin.
- Avoid using pirfenidone if you feel ill and unwell and have yellowing of the eyes or skin, with or without dark urine, accompanied by itching of the skin; or if you get signs of an infection such as a sore throat, fever, mouth ulcers or flu-like symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for SPIROPIRF
Q.Is pirfenidone approved by FDA?
Yes, pirfenidone is approved by the FDA for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosi
Q.Is pirfenidone a steroid?
No, pirfenidone is not a steroid
Q.How much does pirfenidone cost?
The price of pirfenidone may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you. Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.