food interaction for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
lactation interaction for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
- ALDACTONE 25 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)RPG Life Sciences LtdRs. 1.98/tabletRs. 29.65pay 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
- If you have kidney disease, Addison’s disease (an adrenal gland disorder), liver disease, heart disease.
- If you have high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia).
- if you are also taking eplerenone or other potassium sparing diuretics.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of magnesium in your blood).
- if you take an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), cholestyramine, heparin, lithium, heart or blood pressure medication, potassium supplements, steroid medicine, or another diuretic.
Frequently asked questions for SPIRONOLACTONE 25MG TABLET
Q.Is spironolactone an ACE inhibitor/thiazide diuretic/corticosteroid/steroid/ beta blocker?
No, spironolactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Is spironolactone safe?
Spironolactone is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is spironolactone over the counter drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q.Is spironolactone used for weight control, birth control, for acne, loss of hair?
No, spironolactone is used in the treatment of failure of heart, resulting in fluid build-up in lungs or other body tissue (congestive cardiac failure), chronic liver disease (hepatic cirrhosis) with accumulation of fluid in peritoneum liver (ascites and edema), malignant ascites, nephrotic syndrome, diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism
Q.What is spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists
Q.Can spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone cause cancer, hair loss, depression, insomnia, lower blood pressure, constipation, increase estrogen, weight loss?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone can causes hair loss, increase estrogen constipation. Always consult your doctor about possible side effects
Q.Can i take spironolactone/Aldactone with ibuprofen/vitamins/ antibiotics/ phentermine/ metformin amoxicillin/ Adderall(amphetamine and dextroamphitamine/ Accutane (isotretinoin)/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ Lasix (furosemide)?
Indometacin may increase the diuretic effect of spironolactone. Patients should follow doctors advice regarding its use
Q.Does spironolactone affect birth control?
No, Always consult your doctor about possible effects.