food interaction for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
alcohol interaction for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
pregnancy interaction for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
lactation interaction for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SPARCID DS 1G SYRUP
Patients taking SPARCID DS 1G SYRUP
- 80%Thrice A Day
- 20%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)No substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
- Do not take the Sucralfate at least 2 hours before or after taking other medicines. It may interact with these other medicines
- Take Sucralfate on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before a meal.
- Avoid taking antacids, before or after 30 minutes of taking a dose of Sucralfate.
- Notify your doctor if you have a kidney disorder, as it may put you at a greater risk of developing aluminum overload.
- Notify your doctor, if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for SPARCID DS (DR.REDDYS)
Q.Is sucralfate an antibiotic/sulfa drug/pain-killer/PPI?
Sucralfate is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug/ PPI (proton-pump inhibitor) or a pain-killer. It is an ulcer protective medicine
Q.Is sucralfate available or sold over the counter?
No. Sucralfate is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is sucralfate gluten free?
Yes. Sucralfate is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is sucralfate safe?
Yes. Sucralfate is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take sucralfate with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen/Pepto?
Yes. Sucralfate can be taken with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen and Pepto if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does sucralfate cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia/ heartburn?
Sucralfate does not cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia or heartburn. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is sucralfate a narcotic drug?
No. Sucralfate is not a narcotic drug.