food interaction for SOVIHEP
alcohol interaction for SOVIHEP
pregnancy interaction for SOVIHEP
lactation interaction for SOVIHEP
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SOVIHEP
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SOVIHEP 400MG TABLET
Patients taking SOVIHEP 400MG TABLET
- 89%Once A Day
- 11%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR SOVIHEP
- HEPCVIR 400MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 720/tabletRs. 10800pay 1% more per tablet
- VIROCLEAR 400 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 714.29/tabletRs. 20000pay 1% more per tablet
- MY HEP 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 683.80/tabletRs. 19146.40save 4% more per tablet
- RESOF 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 650.28/tabletRs. 18207.71save 9% more per tablet
- HEPCVIR 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 710.71/tabletRs. 19900same price
Expert advice FOR SOVIHEP
- This drug should be used only in combination with Ribavirin or with Pegylated interferon and Ribavirin.
- Treatment with sofosbuvir is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver problems or depression.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking amiodarone (used for serious irregular heartbeats). The risk of slow heartbeat may be increased when taken along with Sofosbuvir.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy in female patients or female partners of male patients who are on treatment with sofosbuvir.
- Take necessary precautions as sofosbuvir does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
Frequently asked questions FOR SOVIHEP
Q. Is Sofosbuvir a protease inhibitor?
No. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor
Q. How does Sofosbuvir work?
Sofosbuvirstops viral replication and thus decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body thereby resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q. Does Sofosbuvir cure Hepatitis C?
Sofosbuvir is used to treat Hepatitis C virus infection. The treatment response with Sofosbuvir (in conjunction with other drugs) varies based on baseline host and viral factors.