Medicine Overview of Sotret Gel
Uses of Sotret Gel
Sotret 0.05% Gel is used in the treatment of acne.
How to use Sotret Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Sotret Gel works
Sotret 0.05% gel works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne.
In Depth Information on Sotret Gel
Expert advice for Sotret Gel
- Isotretinoin topical can cause severe complications if taken at the time of conception or during pregnancy. Adequate contraceptive measures must be taken by women (at least two methods of contraception) and men while on treatment with isotretinoin.
- Inform your doctor if you have a skin problem other than acne or conditions such as photoallergy, vitamin A toxicity/allergy or family history of skin cancer.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and UV rays while on isotretinoin topical treatment as it may increase photo sensitivity.
- Use sunscreen to protect skin and wear protective clothing while on this treatment.
- Do not take vitamin A supplements with isotretinoin.
- Do not apply the isotretinoin topical on cracked, broken or sunburned skin.
- Use isotretinoin topical only on your skin. Avoid contact with eyes, lips and mouth. Do not let the medicine accumulate in skin fold areas and in the nasolabial folds (laugh lines).
- Do not use waxing for hair removal or do any dermabrasions or laser skin treatments while on therapy with isotretinoin topical.
- Do not use if you are allergic to isotretinoin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use by women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Sotret 0.05% Gel
No interaction found
Sotret 0.05% Gel is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Sotret 0.05% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Sotret 0.05% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Sotret 0.05% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Sotret 0.05% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Sotret 0.05% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Sotret 0.05% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Isotretinoin Topical, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Sotret 0.05% w/w Gel
Frequently asked questions for Isotretinoin Topical
Q. Is isotretinoin a steroid?
No, isotretinoin is not a steroid
Q. Is isotretinoin effective?
Isotretinoin is effective when used for indication and at doses advised by the doctor
Q. Can it be used for oily skin?
It should not be used merely to treat oily skin
Q. Can it be used for mild acne and does it clear scars permanently?
It should not be used for mild acne but only for severe acne which has not responded to other treatment. It may not clear scars permanently
Q. How long can I use isotretinoin?
Isotretinoin has to be used for at least 6-8 weeks. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding the duration of use and do not self-medicate or use for extended period of time
Q. Does isotretinoin cause weight gain/weight loss/hair loss/affect menstrual cycle?
Isotretinoin is not known to commonly cause weight gain/weight loss/hair loss/affect menstrual cycle
Q. Is isotretinoin same as tretinoin/ Accutane?
Accutane is the brand name for isotretinoin. Isotretinoin and tretinoin are different from each other, but they are forms of vitamin A and have similar indications of use
Q. Is isotretinoin a permanent cure for acne?
Isotretinoin is effective for severe acne not responding to other treatment. It does prevent acne from returning for a long time after a single course. However, in few cases, acne may return or flare-up.
User Submitted Feedback For Sotret 0.05% w/w Gel
Patients taking Sotret 0.05% Gel
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Twice A Week
Thrice A week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 9
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Sotret 0.05% Gel. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Sotret 0.05% Gel: SAT, LHA, AAR, 9T9, NVL, RSA, BLP, OLT, AYU, RSS, KHH, DPP, OHM, OIP, MMS, HBV, AGT, BIO, DFP, SJP, BSN, HIP, STA, JMJ, NWP, DEL, SSA, LCC, ADT, ATL, MPC, OWP, HEX, IPL, PEN, GNC, HGI, BTM, USF, RPP, ATP, PLT, RJH, DYG, SWA, RUS, RHW, EQN, PTS, PNT, BDN, RKS, MAK, SBL, NDP, ZVP, MAX, GTC, ENP, FGH, GPT, SBA, EMB, DLP, MOM, AAY, DDR, SHM, SHP, SAF, GTK, JIV, PSP, WSI