food interaction for SIRDALUD
alcohol interaction for SIRDALUD
pregnancy interaction for SIRDALUD
lactation interaction for SIRDALUD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SIRDALUD
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SIRDALUD 2 MG TABLET
Patients taking SIRDALUD 2 MG TABLET
- 56%Once A Day
- 22%Twice A Day
- 11%Alternate Day
- 11%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for SIRDALUD
- TIZAN 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.20/tabletRs. 102save 45% more per tablet
- TIZPA 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 3.69/tabletRs. 36.90save 80% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for SIRDALUD
- Alcohol should be avoided while taking tizanidine tablets as it may increase sleepiness.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience blurred vision, sleepiness, dizziness or low blood pressure while being treated with tizanidine.
- Do not stop the treatment suddenly as it may increase blood pressure or heart rate.
- Do not start or continue the tizanidine and consult your doctor If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or taking contraceptive pills.
Frequently asked questions for SIRDALUD
Q.Does tizanidine contain sulfa or asprin?
Tizanidine does not contain sulfa and aspirin
Q.Is tizanidine an opiate, NSAID, blood thinner, controlled substance, or muscle relaxer?
Tizanidine is not an opiate, NSAID, blood thinner or a controlled substance. It is a muscle relaxant
Q.Is tizanidine like valium?
Valium is a brand name for drug diazepam. It is also used as a muscle relaxant, but both have different functions. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is tizanidine stronger than Flexeril?
Flexeril is a brand name for drug cyclobenzaprine, which is also used as a muscle relaxant. Effect of the drug may vary upon individual response. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is tizanidine water soluble?
Tizanidine is a lipid-soluble drug; it is only slightly soluble in water and methanol
Q.Is tizanidine gluten free?
Tizanidine is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Can I take tizanidine or Zanaflex for menstrual cramps, headaches, or anxiety?
No, you cannot take tizanidine or Zanaflex (which contains tizanidine) for menstrual cramps, headaches, or anxiety. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does tizanidine cause weight loss or keep you awake (insomnia)?
You may experience insomnia or weight loss with the use of tizanidine. Few people may experience excessive sleepiness. If you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take tizanidine with Aleve (naproxen), Ambien (zolpidem), Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Tylenol (paracetamol), Valium (diazepam), or Xanax (alprazolam)?
You may take Aleve and Tylenol with tizanidine, but Ambien, Norco, Valium, and Xanax should not be given with tizanidine. Consult your doctor before simultaneous use
Q.Can I take tizanidine with prednisone, ibuprofen, tramadol, or oxycodone?
Tizanidine may be taken with prednisone or ibuprofen, but tramadol or oxycodone with tizanidine may increase their side effects. Consult your doctor before simultaneous use
Q.Does tizanidine show on a drug test?
No, tizanidine does not show on a drug test. Only narcotic drugs show up on a drug test.