Medicine Overview of Siquil Injection
Uses of Siquil Injection
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Siquil Injection
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use Siquil Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Siquil Injection works
Siquil 10mg/1ml injection is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Siquil Injection
Expert advice for Siquil Injection
- Inform your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you or anyone from your family is suffering from any heart/blood-vessel disease or have a history of problems with blood clotting, or if you suffer from Parkinson’s disease (nervous system disorder characterized by tremors, rigidity and difficulty in movements), epilepsy (fits), glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), Myasthenia gravis (abnormal weakness of muscles), loss of cognitive or memory function or changes in body temperature.
- Take precautions while using trifluoperazine if you are at risk for getting a stroke (paralysis) because of heart disease, diabetes, high blood cholesterol.
- Do not drive vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking trifluoperazine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking trifluoperazine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection is probably usafe to use during la+more
ctation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability....
Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection make u feel dizzy, drowsy or can cause blurred vision. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Siquil+more
10mg/1ml Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.+more
However, the use of Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data....
However, the use of Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection is not considered safe in patients with liver disease as per the available data.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Substitutes for Siquil
No substitutes found for this medicine