food interaction for SINOMET
alcohol interaction for SINOMET
pregnancy interaction for SINOMET
lactation interaction for SINOMET
medicine interaction for SINOMET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SINOMET
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SINOMET 0.1% W/V NASAL DROPS
Patients taking SINOMET 0.1% W/V NASAL DROPS
- 40%Once A Day
- 30%Thrice A Day
- 10%Once A Week
- 10%Alternate Day
- 10%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR SINOMET
- XYLOMIST ADULT 0.1%W/V NASAL DROPS(10 ML nasal drops in packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.06/ML of nasal dropsRs. 50.61same price
- DECON 0.1% W/V NASAL DROPS(10 ML nasal drops in packet)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.76/ML of nasal dropsRs. 47.60save 6% more per ML of nasal drops
- ACOLATE 0.1% NASAL DROPS(15 ML nasal drops in packet)Gujarat Terce Laboratories LtdRs. 2/ML of nasal dropsRs. 30save 60% more per ML of nasal drops
- XYLOREST 0.1% W/V NASAL DROPS(10 ML nasal drops in packet)Endocard India Pvt LtdRs. 3.90/ML of nasal dropsRs. 39save 23% more per ML of nasal drops
- RHINOSET 0.1% W/V NASAL DROPS(10 ML nasal drops in packet)Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.81/ML of nasal dropsRs. 48.08save 5% more per ML of nasal drops
Expert advice FOR SINOMET
- Do not take more than 3 doses of xylometazoline in 24 hours or do not take a double dose if you miss any dose.
- Do not use it continuously for more than 7 days in case of nasal sprays and 5 days in case of nasal drops. Longer use could cause damage to the nasal tissue and lead to chronic congestion.
- Do not use nasal sprays in children under the age of 12 years and nasal drops under the age of 6 years.
- Do not take xylometazoline if you are allergic to xylometazoline or any other ingredients.
- Do not take xylometazoline if you recently had surgery.
- Avoid using xylometazoline if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: high blood pressure or heart disease; diabetes; an overactive thyroid gland; rare cancer of the adrenal gland; closed angle glaucoma or increase pressure in the eye; inflammation of the skin and/or mucosa of the nasal vestibule.
Frequently asked questions FOR SINOMET
Q. What is xylometazoline hydrochloride/ what is xylometazoline hydrochloride used for/ is xylometazoline a steroid/ an antihistamine?
Xylometazoline is a topical decongestant and is used to for relief of the blocked; congested nose and sinuses caused by colds and allergies such as hay fever. It is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q. How does xylometazoline/xylometazoline hydrochloride work?
Xylometazoline relieves nasal and sinus congestion by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the nose
Q. Is xylometazoline hydrochloride addictive/ is xylometazoline addiction?
Prolonged use of xylometazoline may lead to its addiction in some.