food interaction for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
lactation interaction for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
Avoid Simvastatin 10mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
- SIMVOTIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.70/tabletRs. 147pay 1761% more per tablet
- ZOSTA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 9.74/tabletRs. 97.42pay 1133% more per tablet
- SIMLO 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97pay 1128% more per tablet
- STARSTAT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 2.65/tabletRs. 26.50pay 235% more per tablet
- SIMVOFIX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 5.05/tabletRs. 50.50pay 539% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
- Restrict eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol content. Lovastatin will be effective in lowering your cholesterol level if you follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of: kidney problem; little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath (or) liver problems; nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking simvastatin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for SIMVASTATIN 10MG TABLET
Q.Is simvastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or steroid or diuretic or is it a statin or does simvastatin thin your blood?
No, simvastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Q.Is simvastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or Crestor (rosuvastatin) or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril?
No results found for any interaction of simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin?
No, do not take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does simvastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression or it makes you high?
No. Simvastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression and it is not addictive
Q.Does simvastatin cause joint pain or makes you tired?
Yes, sometimes simvastatin may cause joint pain or make you tired.