food interaction for SHANPOIETIN
alcohol interaction for SHANPOIETIN
pregnancy interaction for SHANPOIETIN
lactation interaction for SHANPOIETIN
medicine interaction for SHANPOIETIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SHANPOIETIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR SHANPOIETIN
- ZYROP 5000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 1700/injectionRs. 1700same price
- WEPOX 5000 IU INJECTION(0.5 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1400/ML of injectionRs. 1400save 18% more per ML of injection
- RECORMON 5000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 1338.75/ML of injectionRs. 1338.75save 21% more per ML of injection
- REPOITIN 5000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 1299.37/ML of injectionRs. 1299.37save 24% more per ML of injection
- EPOTOP 5000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 1800/ML of injectionRs. 1800pay 6% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR SHANPOIETIN
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR SHANPOIETIN
Q. What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q. How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.