Seropin 200mg Tablet SR
Primarily used for
10 tablet sr in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of Seropin Tablet SR
Side effects of Seropin Tablet SR
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Seropin Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Seropin 200mg Tablet SR empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Seropin Tablet SR works
Seropin 200mg tablet sr works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Seropin Tablet SR
Expert advice for Seropin Tablet SR
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Seropin 200mg Tablet SR
Seropin 200mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Seropin 200mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Seropin 200mg Tablet SR should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Seropin 200mg Tablet SR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients should not drive or operate machinery ....
Patients should not drive or operate machinery .
Seropin 200mg Tablet SR is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Seropin 200mg Tablet SR is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Seropin 200mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Seropin
Seropin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Seropin is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Seropin is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Seropin is not an addictive drug
No, Seropin belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
Substitutes for Seropin Tablet SR
Q Pin 200mg Tablet SR
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Qutipin 200mg Tablet SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Qutan 200mg Tablet SR
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Adequet 200mg Tablet SR
Abbott India Ltd
Q-Mind 200mg Tablet SR
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd