Medicine Overview of Serobid Rotacap
Side effects of Serobid Rotacap
Tremor, Headache, Restlessness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Palpitations, Muscle cramp.
How to use Serobid Rotacap
Rotacaps must not be swallowed. Check the label for directions before use. Place the capsule at the base of rotahaler, not in the mouthpiece. Twist the mouthpiece completely until your hear a click and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds. If some powder remains in the rotahaler repeat the process.
How Serobid Rotacap works
Serobid 50mcg rotacap is a long-acting bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Serobid Rotacap
Expert advice for Serobid Rotacap
- Do not inhale a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- Do not use salmeterol during an attack of asthma or COPD. Your doctor will prescribe a short-acting inhaler to use during attacks.Do not stop using salmeterol without talking to your doctor.
- If you suddenly stop using salmeterol, your symptoms may worsen.
- Do not take salmeterol, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salmeterol, Always activate and use the inhaler device in a level, horizontal position. Do not try to use a spacer device with salmeterol.
- To prepare the device for use, open the protective foil pouch and remove the inhaler device. Hold the device in one hand. Use the thumb of the opposite hand to push the thumb grip as far away from you as it will go. The mouthpiece will appear and snap into position.
- Hold the device in a level, flat position with the mouthpiece toward you. Use your thumb to slide the lever away from you as far as it will go. You should hear a click. The device is now ready for use.
- Do not close or tilt the device, play with the lever, or move the lever more than once. You may accidentally release or waste a dose.
Special precautions for Serobid 50mcg Rotacap
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Serobid 50mcg Rotacap may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Serobid 50mcg Rotacap is safe to use during lactation. Huma+more
n studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
It is not known whether Serobid 50mcg Rotacap alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Serobid 50mcg Rotacap is probably safe to use in patients wi+more
th kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Serobid 50mcg Rotacap may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Serobid 50mcg Rotacap should be used with caution in patient+more
s with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Serobid 50mcg Rotacap may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Salmeterol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Serobid 50mcg Rotacap
Frequently asked questions for Salmeterol
Serobid belongs to a class of medications called long-acting beta agonists (LABAs). It works by relaxing and opening air passages in the lungs, making it easier to breathe. It is not a steroid; however it is available in combination with steroids as an inhaler. It is not a beta blocker
Q. Is salmeterol the same as albuterol/ salbutamol/ Ventolin /Advair/ Seretride/ Esiflo 250?
Salmeterol (also available as Seretride, Esiflo 250) is different from salbutamol (also known as albuterol, Ventolin). Advair is brand name for salmeterol and fluticasone combination
Serobid will not work quickly enough to relieve an asthma attack that has already started; it is used for prevention of asthma attack. Your doctor may prescribe another inhaler (a shorter-acting bronchodilator), if you get an attack
Serobid is licensed for the treatment of COPD
Q. Does Seretide stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salmeterol (Seretide) is not known to cause stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain. However, if you experience such side effects please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Serobid 50mcg Rotacap
Patients taking Serobid 50mcg Rotacap
Twice A Day
Once A Day
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Serobid
No substitutes found for this medicine