food interaction for SEROBID
alcohol interaction for SEROBID
pregnancy interaction for SEROBID
lactation interaction for SEROBID
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SEROBID
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SEROBID 25 MCG INHALER
Patients taking SEROBID 25 MCG INHALER
- 55%Twice A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 20%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR SEROBID
Expert advice FOR SEROBID
- Do not inhale a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- Do not use salmeterol during an attack of asthma or COPD. Your doctor will prescribe a short-acting inhaler to use during attacks.Do not stop using salmeterol without talking to your doctor.
- If you suddenly stop using salmeterol, your symptoms may worsen.
- Do not take salmeterol, If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salmeterol, Always activate and use the inhaler device in a level, horizontal position. Do not try to use a spacer device with salmeterol.
- To prepare the device for use, open the protective foil pouch and remove the inhaler device. Hold the device in one hand. Use the thumb of the opposite hand to push the thumb grip as far away from you as it will go. The mouthpiece will appear and snap into position.
- Hold the device in a level, flat position with the mouthpiece toward you. Use your thumb to slide the lever away from you as far as it will go. You should hear a click. The device is now ready for use.
- Do not close or tilt the device, play with the lever, or move the lever more than once. You may accidentally release or waste a dose.
Frequently asked questions FOR SEROBID
Q. Is salmeterol a steroid inhaler/ a bronchodilator/ beta blocker?
Salmeterol belongs to a class of medications called long-acting beta agonists (LABAs). It works by relaxing and opening air passages in the lungs, making it easier to breathe. It is not a steroid; however it is available in combination with steroids as an inhaler. It is not a beta blocker
Q. Is salmeterol the same as albuterol/ salbutamol/ Ventolin /Advair/ Seretride/ Esiflo 250?
Salmeterol (also available as Seretride, Esiflo 250) is different from salbutamol (also known as albuterol, Ventolin). Advair is brand name for salmeterol and fluticasone combination
Q. How quickly does salmeterol work?
Salmeterol will not work quickly enough to relieve an asthma attack that has already started; it is used for prevention of asthma attack. Your doctor may prescribe another inhaler (a shorter-acting bronchodilator), if you get an attack
Q. Is salmeterol licensed for COPD?
Salmeterol is licensed for the treatment of COPD
Q. Does Seretide stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salmeterol (Seretide) is not known to cause stunt growth/ hoarseness/ increased blood pressure/ weight gain. However, if you experience such side effects please consult your doctor.