food interaction for SCALPE
alcohol interaction for SCALPE
pregnancy interaction for SCALPE
lactation interaction for SCALPE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SCALPE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SCALPE LOTION
Patients taking SCALPE LOTION
- 60%Once A Day
- 30%Twice A Week
- 10%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for SCALPE
- NUFORCE 2% W/V/1% W/V ANTI DANDRUFF LOTION(50 ML lotion in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.50/ML of lotionRs. 125save 27% more per ML of lotion
- DANSTOP K LOTION(60 ML lotion in bottle)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3/ML of lotionRs. 180save 12% more per ML of lotion
- ODICON K LOTION(60 ML lotion in bottle)Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.42/ML of lotionRs. 145save 29% more per ML of lotion
- KLINIQUE PLUS LOTION(100 ML lotion in bottle)Maxamus InternationalRs. 2/ML of lotionRs. 199.50save 42% more per ML of lotion
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for SCALPE
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to ketoconazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for SCALPE
Q.Is ketoconazole/Ketoconazole shampoo safe?
Yes, all medicines (products) containing ketoconazole are safe at the recommended dose, frequency, and duration
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream an antibiotic?
No, ketoconazole is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria. It is an antifungal agent
Q.What is ketoconazole/ketoconazole cream/Phytoral ointment used for?
Ketoconazole containing products such as creams and Phytoral ointments are used to treat fungal infections of the skin such as tinea corporis (ring worm), tinea cruris (fungal infections of the groin or buttocks), tinea pedis (fungal infection of the foot [athlete's foot]), tinea manus (fungal infection of the hand)
Q.Can ketoconazole topical cause/ prevent hair loss?
Yes, ketoconazole topical may rarely cause some hair loss. Ketoconazole topical does not prevent hair loss
Q.Can ketoconazole topical cause dry skin?
Yes, dry skin at the site of application is a common side effect of ketoconazole topical
Q.Can ketoconazole topical be used for conditions such as ring worms and psoriasis?
Ketoconazole topical is commonly used to treat fungal infections of skin such as ring worms. Psoriasis is not a fungal skin infection and use of ketoconazole is not warranted to treat this condition
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream a steroid?
No, ketoconazole is not a steroid. It is an antifungal agent
Q.Does ketoconazole block Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)?
Ketoconazole has the ability to block the synthesis of all steroids produced by the adrenal gland, including the male sex hormone dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone synthesis from the testes is also blocked
Q.Does ketoconazole expire?
Yes, medicines containing ketoconazole have an expiry date. Read the information given on the package for accurate expiry date.