food interaction for SAZO EN
alcohol interaction for SAZO EN
pregnancy interaction for SAZO EN
lactation interaction for SAZO EN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SAZO EN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SAZO EN 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking SAZO EN 500 MG TABLET
- 50%Once A Day
- 38%Twice A Day
- 13%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for SAZO EN
- SAAZ 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.53/tabletRs. 45.25save 49% more per tablet
- SALAZAR 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.89/tabletRs. 38.85save 56% more per tablet
- IWATA 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.74/tabletRs. 57.37save 35% more per tablet
- SAZO 500 TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.89/tabletRs. 58.28save 56% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SAZO EN
- Do not start or continue sulfasalazine and consult your doctor if you are allergic to sulfasalazine or any of the components in the medicine, or any other sulfa drug.
- Do not give sulfasalazine to children <2 years of age.
- Drink adequate water ( altest 6 glasses a day).
- You may be required to undergo blood and urine tests before starting and thereafter regularly at intervals, to monitor your safety.
- The drug can give an orange colour to your urine or skin. This is a harmless reaction.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Frequently asked questions for SAZO EN
Q.What is sulfasalazine used for?
Sulfasalazine is used in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (diseases of bowel characterized by recurring and remitting episodes of diarrhea and abdominal pain; these include ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease) as well as severe rheumatoid arthritis (disease where the body's immune system attacks one's own organs, especially the small joints causing pain, swelling and deformity)
Q.How does it work?
Sulfasalazine is formed by combining two chemicals salicylate and sulfapyridine. In inflammatory bowel disease, salicylate act locally to reduce inflammation by decreasing the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins. In rheumatoid arthritis, the sulfapyridine absorbed in the body reduces pain and inflammation
Q.Can I take sulfasalazine with ibuprofen/ prednisolone/ naproxen/ aspirin/ Tylenol (paracetamol)/ omeprazole/ probiotic/ tramadol?
Sulfasalazine is usually prescribed with a steroid like prednisolone for immediate relief of symptoms of both inflammatory bowel disease (diseases of bowel characterized by recurring and remitting episodes of diarrhea and abdominal pain; these include ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease) as well as rheumatoid arthritis. No clinically observed drug interaction has been reported with pain-relieving medication like ibuprofen/ naproxen/ aspirin/ paracetamol; although these drugs may be used with caution in ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Omeprazole/ probiotic/ tramadol can be used with sulfasalazine. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding concomitant drugs.