food interaction for SAROTENA
alcohol interaction for SAROTENA
pregnancy interaction for SAROTENA
lactation interaction for SAROTENA
medicine interaction for SAROTENA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SAROTENA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR SAROTENA
- AMICON 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54pay 7% more per tablet
- RELIDEP 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 2.60/tabletRs. 26save 49% more per tablet
- LATILIN 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.64/tabletRs. 26.40save 48% more per tablet
- ELIWEL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 24.54save 52% more per tablet
- VIVAX 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)A N PharmaciaRs. 5.10/tabletRs. 51pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR SAROTENA
- Do not consume grapefruit juice.
- Do not suddenly stop taking your medicine.
- Amitriptyline can make you dizzy or sleepy. So avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness.
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- Do not take this drug if you are consuming antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
Frequently asked questions FOR SAROTENA
Q. Is amitriptyline/Tryptomer safe?
Amitriptyline is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is amitriptyline/Amitone 10/Amitone plus/ Tryptomer/Tryptomer plus used for?
Amitriptyline/amitone 10/amitone plus/ tryptomer/tryptomer plus is used in the treatment of depression and nocturnal bed wetting (enuresis) in children
Q. Is amitriptyline a benzodiazepine/MAOI/opioid/antibiotic/steroid?
No, Amitriptyline belongs to class of medication called as tricyclic antidepressant
Q. Is amitriptyline like Xenan (diazepam)?
No, Xenan belongs to class of medication called as benzodiazepine
Q. Is amitriptyline addictive?
No, Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take amitriptyline/tryptomer for pain/insomnia/backache/migraine/headache/anxiety?
No, it is used to treatment of depression and nocturnal bed wetting (enuresis)
Q. Can I take amitriptyline with Prozac/zopiclone/Xanan/naproxen/prednisolone/Benadryl/diazepam/trazadone/Flexeril?
Amitriptyline can interact with Prozac/Zopiclone/Xanan/diazepam/trazadone/flexeril. Please follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does amitriptyline cause hair loss/ insomnia/constipation/weight gain: loss/fever/affect memory/vomiting/increased hunger/sleepiness?
Amitriptyline causes insomnia/constipation/weight gain/vomiting/increases huger. Always consult your doctor regarding possible side effects.