Medicine Overview of Salen Solution
Side effects of Salen Solution
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema, Itching.
How to use Salen Solution
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
How Salen Solution works
Salen 1% w/v solution is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Salen Solution
Expert advice for Salen Solution
- Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with methoxsalen topical.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of methoxsalen topical if you are taking or spending extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- You may have to undergo an eye examination before starting the treatment and also once a year thereafter.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to methoxsalen or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use by Children < 12 years.
- Do not use if you have a history of a light-sensitive conditions (e.g., albinism, lupus, porphyria, xeroderma pigmentosum).
- Do not use if you having aphakia (no lens in the eye).
- Do not use if you have a history of melanoma or certain other types of skin cancer.
Special precautions for Salen 1% w/v Solution
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Salen 1% w/v Solution is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Salen 1% w/v Solution is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
It is not known whether Salen 1% w/v Solution alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Salen 1+more
% w/v Solution in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Salen 1% w/v Solution
Frequently asked questions for Methoxsalen Topical
Q. What is methoxsalen topical used for?
Methoxsalen topical is used in addition to ultraviolet light (found in sunlight and some special lamps) for treatment of vitiligo (skin disease characterized by presence of white patches on different parts of the body), psoriasis (a skin condition associated with red, raised, itchy and scaly patches), and mycosis fungoides, a type of skin lymphoma.
User Submitted Feedback For Salen 1% w/v Solution
Patients taking Salen 1% w/v Solution
Once A Day
Substitutes for Salen Solution
Melanocyl 1% w/v Topical Solution
Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹3.43/ml of Solution