food interaction for SALBID
alcohol interaction for SALBID
pregnancy interaction for SALBID
lactation interaction for SALBID
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SALBID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SALBID
- ASTHALIN 2 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.16/tabletRs. 4.67pay 12% more per tablet
- SALBETOL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 0.16/tabletRs. 1.57pay 13% more per tablet
- ASTHARID 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Empiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.11/tabletRs. 11.08pay 697% more per tablet
- BRETHMOL 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Standard Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.25/tabletRs. 2.45pay 76% more per tablet
- SALBUSUN 2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sunij Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 0.22/tabletRs. 2.21pay 59% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for SALBID
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the inhaler upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fibre-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an over active thyroid gland.
- Take special precaution if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
Frequently asked questions for SALBID
Q.Is salbutamol a steroid/ an antibiotic/ a cough syrup/ a betablocker/ contains steroid/ addictive/ a rescue inhaler?
Salbutamol (also available as Asthalin, Ventolin, Albuterol) is a beta receptor agonist used to prevent and treat wheezing, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and coughing caused by lung diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is a rescue inhaler for asthma. It is not a steroid or contains steroid or an antibiotic. It is not an addictive drug
Q.Does salbutamol need prescription?
Yes. Salbutamol is available only by prescription
Q.Is salbutamol safe/ safe for babies?
Salbutamol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does salbutamol cause drowsiness/ increased heart rate/ increase blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salbutamol may cause light headedness, increased heart rate or increased blood pressure; however it is not known to cause drowsiness or weight gain. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.