food interaction for SAFODERM PLUS
alcohol interaction for SAFODERM PLUS
pregnancy interaction for SAFODERM PLUS
lactation interaction for SAFODERM PLUS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SAFODERM PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SAFODERM PLUS
- SILVER SULPHADIAZINE CREAM(20 GM cream in tube)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.05/GM of creamRs. 21.06save 44% more per GM of cream
- SILVER SULPHADIAZINE CREAM(500 GM cream in tube)Jan AushadhiRs. 0.77/GM of creamRs. 386.22save 59% more per GM of cream
- BURNOSAF PLUS 1%W/W CREAM(200 GM cream in tube)SAF Fermion LtdRs. 7.59/GM of creamRs. 1519pay 305% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for SAFODERM PLUS
- The cream should be applied once to twice daily to a thickness of approximately 1/16 inches.
- Cream should be continued until satisfactory healing has occurred, or until the burn site is ready for grafting.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience unusual bleeding or bruising fever, sore throat, yellowing of the skin or eyes, blood in urine, aching joints, unusual weakness or tiredness, skin rash.
- Inform your doctor before starting silver sulfadiazine if you have a genetic defect of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficiency (a hereditary condition causing red blood cells break down when the body is exposed to certain drugs or the stress of infection).
Frequently asked questions for SAFODERM PLUS
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine work?
Yes, silver sulfadiazine works as an adjunct
Q.Is it good for burns?
Yes, silver sulfadiazine works as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns
Q.Is silver sulfadiazine over-the-counter?
No, silver sulfadiazine is not an over-the-counter medicine. It is available on producing a prescription from your doctor
Q.Is silver sulfadiazine an antibiotic or an anti-fungal?
Silver sulfadiazine is not an anti-fungal medicine, silver sulfadiazine is a topical antimicrobial agent used as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns
Q.Is silver sulfadiazine cream good for sunburns?
Yes, silver sulfadiazine is used to treat severe sun burns
Q.Is silver sulfadiazine good for cuts?
Silver sulfadiazine is the best used for the treatment for prevention and treatment of burns. It is an anti-bacterial agent which prevents or treats infections; it is commonly indicated for burns alone
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine prevent scarring?
Silver sulfadiazine is a topical antimicrobial agent used as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns. It has no known effects on scars
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine stop/work on acne?
Silver sulfadiazine is a topical antimicrobial agent used as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns. Its use on the face is usually avoided. Hence, it is not recommended for acne
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine expire?
Yes, silver sulfadiazine has an expiry date. Please read the date printed on the package for the expiry date
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine contain sulfa?
Yes, silver sulfadiazine is a sulfa drug. It is a sulfa containing anti-bacterial medicine used as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns
Q.Does silver sulfadiazine help with pain?
Silver sulfadiazine treats the infection associated with burns, thereby reducing pain and inflammation. It has no direct effect on pain.