food interaction for RPO
alcohol interaction for RPO
pregnancy interaction for RPO
lactation interaction for RPO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RPO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RPO
- EPORISE 2000IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 prefilled syringe in packet)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 845/prefilled syringeRs. 845pay 183% more per prefilled syringe
- WEPOX SAFE 2000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)Wockhardt LtdRs. 768.85/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 768.85pay 157% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- ERYPRO SAFE 2000 IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 ML prefilled syringe in packet)BioconRs. 853.32/ML of prefilled syringeRs. 853.32pay 186% more per ML of prefilled syringe
- EPOFAITH 2000IU PREFILLED SYRINGE(1 prefilled syringe in packet)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 800/prefilled syringeRs. 800pay 168% more per prefilled syringe
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for RPO
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for RPO
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.