food interaction for ROPICAINE
alcohol interaction for ROPICAINE
pregnancy interaction for ROPICAINE
lactation interaction for ROPICAINE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ROPICAINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ROPICAINE
- ROCAINE 5MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Gland Pharma LimitedRs. 6.10/ML of injectionRs. 61pay 114% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Pankaj SurangeMBBS
- Dr. Hari Hara DashMD
- Dr. Yogita Pilate
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar SinglaMBBS
- Dr. Anutam RaiMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ROPICAINE
- Inform your doctor if you have any heart, kidney or liver disease. Your doctor may monitor you closely or may need to adjust the dose of ropivacaine if you have any of these conditions.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have family history of porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder).
- You may be monitored for breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, and other vital signs during your treatment with ropivacaine.
- Seek medical attention if you develop severe allergic reaction: red skin rash, dizziness, sneezing, difficulty breathing, nausea or vomiting, sweating, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Do not drive or operate machinery until the next day after you have been given ropivacaine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for ROPICAINE
Q.How is ropivacaine supplied/administered/how long does it last?
Ropivacaine is supplied as a solution that is to be administered epidurally either as an injection or as an intravenous infusion. Impact of ropivacaine on body depends on the administration site and dose and may range between 3 to 10 hours. Talk to your doctor if you have any queries about the impact of this medicine
Q.Is ropivacaine a controlled substance?
Ropivacaine is not a controlled substance
Q.Is ropivacaine an isomer of bupivacaine/is it safer than bupivacaine?
Ropivacaine is a left isomer of bupivacaine. Compared to bupivacaine, ropivacaine has less toxic effects on heart and central nervous system
Q.Is ropivacaine an ester or amide?
Ropivacaine is an amino amide type local anesthetic
Q.Is ropivacaine a narcotic/ is it an opioid?
No. Ropivacaine is neither a narcotic nor an opioid.