food interaction for ROFUM
alcohol interaction for ROFUM
pregnancy interaction for ROFUM
lactation interaction for ROFUM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ROFUM
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ROFUM 500MCG TABLET
Patients taking ROFUM 500MCG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ROFUM
- ROFADAY 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125same price
- ROFMIL 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125same price
- FILAST 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125same price
- EXALBIC 500MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15/tabletRs. 150pay 20% more per tablet
- ROFLAIR 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125same price
Expert advice FOR ROFUM
- Roflumilast is not effective and should not be used for sudden attacks of breathlessness (acute bronchospasm).
- You should not take roflumilast if you have a history of depression and suicidal behavior/thoughts.
- You should have your weight monitored regularly. Stop taking roflumilast and seek advice if you experience unexplained and significant weight loss while on treatment.
- Roflumilast controls COPD but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking roflumilast even if you feel well unless advised otherwise.
- Roflumilast may cause dizziness, which can aggravate with alcohol intake. Do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel fine.
- You should not take roflumilast if you have any serious disease affecting your immune system (HIV, multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) or if you are receiving treatments that act on your immune system for certain cancers or serious infections.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ROFUM
Q. Is Roflumilast a methylxanthine?
No. Roflumilast is not a methylxanthine and works via a different mechanism of action
Q. Is roflumilast available in India?
Yes. Roflumilast is available in India in the form of 500 mcg tablet
Q. Is roflumilast a steroid/ narcotic?
No. Roflumilast belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Q. What is roflumilast used for?
Roflumilast is used as a maintenance treatment for severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) in patients with frequent worsening of COPD symptoms (COPD exacerbations) and with long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q. How does roflumilast work?
Roflumilast is used to prevent worsening of symptoms in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) and long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q. How long does roflumilast take to work?
Roflumilast may need to be taken for several weeks to achieve its effects and may vary upon individual response. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding dose and duration.