Medicine Overview of Rofum Tablet
Headache, Weight loss, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Back pain, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Decreased appetite, Influenza.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rofum 500mcg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Rofum 500mcg Tablet works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Rofum Tablet
- Roflumilast is not effective and should not be used for sudden attacks of breathlessness (acute bronchospasm).
- You should not take roflumilast if you have a history of depression and suicidal behavior/thoughts.
- You should have your weight monitored regularly. Stop taking roflumilast and seek advice if you experience unexplained and significant weight loss while on treatment.
- Roflumilast controls COPD but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking roflumilast even if you feel well unless advised otherwise.
- Roflumilast may cause dizziness, which can aggravate with alcohol intake. Do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel fine.
- You should not take roflumilast if you have any serious disease affecting your immune system (HIV, multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) or if you are receiving treatments that act on your immune system for certain cancers or serious infections.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Rofum Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Rofum 500mcg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Rofum 500mcg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Rofum 500mcg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Rofum 500mcg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Rofum 500mcg Tablet is recommended.
Rofum 500mcg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Rofum 500mcg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Rofum 500mcg Tablet is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe liver disease.
User Submitted Feedback For Rofum 500mcg Tablet
Patients taking Rofum 500mcg Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Rofum Tablet
No. Rofum is not a methylxanthine and works via a different mechanism of action
Yes. Rofum is available in India in the form of 500 mcg tablet
No. Rofum belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Rofum is used as a maintenance treatment for severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) in patients with frequent worsening of COPD symptoms (COPD exacerbations) and with long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Rofum is used to prevent worsening of symptoms in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) and long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Rofum may need to be taken for several weeks to achieve its effects and may vary upon individual response. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding dose and duration.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Rofum 500mcg Tablet: OLT, HNP, SWP, QTM, NTB, SGH, MLC, SHP, ENP, PTI, JSL, RHW, BHP, HIP, ZEL, PMA, HEX, HZF, BMJ, DFP, RJH, GTC, LHA, HTS, ANT, SRG, UMP, HGI, JVN, IPL, HPC, MAM, GHR, SVS, NXG, PNT, ESY, SJP, MMS, WSI, DVH, MPC, BHM, STA, BSN, HMP, TNH, ATL, SVH, AGT, SLN, PLT, RSA, 9T9, ADT, HBV, KMC, RKS, SDM, SAF, SWA, MDO, NSL, NAS, TRP, ARD, KHC, SBA, PPR, DLP, SCH, DPP, CLT, JVO, GTK, RPI, PVP, RUS, MDH, VDH, MAK, OHM, KHH, HAT, OIP, LCC, BBS, FGH, BAL, PWN, BLE, WHL, USF, BTM, RHL, TFP, AYM, NNH, BIO, SBL, EMB, GNC, BDN, SHC, P2P, VRS, RDH, TOM, AAY, MSD, ABP, ATP, DHR, AAR, BAP, SHD, EQN, GBL, JIV, NVY, RDR, AMR, AYU, NVL, EVP, INC, NDP, IAD, HSP, SGC, RPP, MAX, DPL, OWP, GPP, THP, DGN, RWP, DAO, DYG, ZVP, QLF, RSS, GPT, VNS, PRN, SYN, SSA, PEN