food interaction for ROFLUZ
alcohol interaction for ROFLUZ
pregnancy interaction for ROFLUZ
lactation interaction for ROFLUZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ROFLUZ
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ROFLUZ
- ROFADAY 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125save 7% more per tablet
- ROFMIL 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125save 7% more per tablet
- FILAST 500 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125save 7% more per tablet
- ROFUM 500MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)MSN LaboratoriesRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125save 7% more per tablet
- EXALBIC 500MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15/tabletRs. 150pay 11% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ROFLUZ
- Roflumilast is not effective and should not be used for sudden attacks of breathlessness (acute bronchospasm).
- You should not take roflumilast if you have a history of depression and suicidal behavior/thoughts.
- You should have your weight monitored regularly. Stop taking roflumilast and seek advice if you experience unexplained and significant weight loss while on treatment.
- Roflumilast controls COPD but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking roflumilast even if you feel well unless advised otherwise.
- Roflumilast may cause dizziness, which can aggravate with alcohol intake. Do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel fine.
- You should not take roflumilast if you have any serious disease affecting your immune system (HIV, multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) or if you are receiving treatments that act on your immune system for certain cancers or serious infections.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ROFLUZ
Q.Is Roflumilast a methylxanthine?
No. Roflumilast is not a methylxanthine and works via a different mechanism of action
Q.Is roflumilast available in India?
Yes. Roflumilast is available in India in the form of 500 mcg tablet
Q.Is roflumilast a steroid/ narcotic?
No. Roflumilast belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Q.What is roflumilast used for?
Roflumilast is used as a maintenance treatment for severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) in patients with frequent worsening of COPD symptoms (COPD exacerbations) and with long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q.How does roflumilast work?
Roflumilast is used to prevent worsening of symptoms in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) and long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Q.How long does roflumilast take to work?
Roflumilast may need to be taken for several weeks to achieve its effects and may vary upon individual response. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding dose and duration.