food interaction for ROFIBAX
alcohol interaction for ROFIBAX
pregnancy interaction for ROFIBAX
lactation interaction for ROFIBAX
medicine interaction for ROFIBAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ROFIBAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ROFIBAX
- MCROFY 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.42/GM of gelRs. 42.70pay 7% more per GM of gel
- OZEX 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 1/GM of gelRs. 30save 25% more per GM of gel
- REOXX 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.33/GM of gelRs. 40same price
- ROFICA 1% GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Micro Labs LtdRs. 1.30/GM of gelRs. 39save 2% more per GM of gel
Expert advice FOR ROFIBAX
- Inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Stop taking rofecoxib and seek immediate medical attention if you develop: abdominal pain, tenderness, or discomfort; nausea; blood in your vomit; bloody, black, or tarry stools; unexplained weight gain; swelling or water retention; fatigue or lethargy; a skin rash; itching; yellowing of your skin or eyes; or unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have asthma, stomach problems such as ulcers or bleeding, kidney disease, liver disease, angina (chest pain), heart attack, or a blocked artery in the heart, heart failure, high blood pressure.
Frequently asked questions FOR ROFIBAX
Q. Is rofecoxib a narcotic?
No, rofecoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Q. Is rofecoxib deadly?
Rofecoxib is relatively safe if used as prescribed. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. How does rofecoxib work?
Rofecoxib belongs to a group of medicines called COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting certain chemical called prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and inflammation.