food interaction for RIZATRIP ODT
alcohol interaction for RIZATRIP ODT
pregnancy interaction for RIZATRIP ODT
lactation interaction for RIZATRIP ODT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIZATRIP ODT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RIZATRIP ODT
- RIZACT 5 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 33.50/tabletRs. 134pay 33% more per tablet
- RIZORA 5 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 31.50/tabletRs. 126pay 25% more per tablet
- RIZATRIP 5MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Geno Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 25.18/tabletRs. 151.08same price
- RITZA 5 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 135save 11% more per tablet
- MIGROF 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 79% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RIZATRIP ODT
- Do not use rizatiptan to prevent migraine headaches as it acts only once the headache symptoms have commenced.
- Start rizatiptan only after a clear diagnosis of migraine and exclusion of potentially serious neurological condition.
- Rizatriptan is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have any risk factors (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, family history etc) for a heart disease, problems with heart rhythm/beats (bundle branch block) or kidney or liver problems.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as rizatriptan may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Your heart function should be regularly monitored while taking rizatriptan to check for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for RIZATRIP ODT
Q.Is rizatriptan a narcotic/ blood thinner/ benzo/ pain killer/ controlled substance/ NSAID/ does it contain aspirin/ caffeine/ acetaminophen?
Rizatriptan belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonists used for the treatment of acute migraine headaches. It is not a narcotic/ blood thinner/ benzo/ pain killer/ controlled substance/ NSAID. It does not contain aspirin/ caffeine/ acetaminophen
Q.Is rizatriptan safe/does rizatriptan get you high/ make you drowsy/ sleepy/ thin your blood/ cause rebound headaches?
Rizatriptan is safe if used as per the prescribing information. It does not make you high/cause rebound headaches or thin your blood. It can make you drowsy/sleepy.