food interaction for RIXMIN
alcohol interaction for RIXMIN
pregnancy interaction for RIXMIN
lactation interaction for RIXMIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RIXMIN
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR RIXMIN 550 MG TABLET
Patients taking RIXMIN 550 MG TABLET
- 56%Twice A Day
- 22%Thrice A Day
- 22%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR RIXMIN
- RIFAGUT 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 31.50/tabletRs. 315save 10% more per tablet
- RCIFAX 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 33.90/tabletRs. 339save 3% more per tablet
- SIBOFIX 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 32.80/tabletRs. 328save 6% more per tablet
- RAFLE 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 36.16/tabletRs. 361.55pay 3% more per tablet
- TORFIX 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 31.20/tabletRs. 312save 11% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR RIXMIN
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions FOR RIXMIN
Q. Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q. Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q. Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q. Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q. Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q. Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.