Medicine Overview of Rivamer Capsule
Uses of Rivamer Capsule
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and dementia in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Rivamer Capsule
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dyspepsia.
How to use Rivamer Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule with food.
How Rivamer Capsule works
Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease is due to disturbance of message signals in the brain. Rivamer 4.5mg capsule works by increasing the levels of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals.
In Depth Information on Rivamer Capsule
Expert advice for Rivamer Capsule
- Apply one patch per day by pressing it firmly in place for at least 30 seconds to only one of the following locations: left upper arm or right upper arm, left upper chest or right upper chest (avoid breast), left upper back or right upper back, left lower back or right lower back.
- Do not apply a new patch to that same location of skin twice within 14 days.
- Before you apply a patch, make sure that your skin is clean, dry and hairless, free of any powder, oil, moisturizer, or lotion that could keep the patch from sticking to your skin properly, free of cuts, rashes and/or irritations. Do not cut the patch into pieces.
- Do not expose the patch to any external heat sources (e.g. excessive sunlight, saunas, solarium) for long periods of time. Make sure the patch does not loosen during any physical activities such as bathing, swimming or showering.
- Replace the patch with a new one only after 24 hours. If you have not applied a patch for several days, do not apply the next one before you have talked to your doctor.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: an irregular heartbeat, an active stomach ulcer, inflammation of the pancreas, difficulties in passing urine, seizures, asthma or a severe respiratory disease, trembling, low body weight, gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, being vomiting and diarrhea, impaired liver function, planning to undergo surgery, dementia or other decreased mental ability that is not caused by Alzheimer or Parkinson disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as rivastigmine may cause fainting or severe confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Special precautions for Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule
Taking Rivastigmine with alcohol can make you feel sleepy.
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is probably usafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired+more
, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is recommended.+more
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine....
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule is recommended.+more
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying liver disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine....
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying liver disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Epidosin 8mg Injection, Hyocimax S 0.125mg Tablet, Hyocimax S 0.375mg Tablet CR, CYCLASYN 400MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Rivastigmine, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Rivastigmine
Q. Does pilocarpine increase or decrease heart rate?
Pilocarpine can decrease the heart rate. However, it does not increase the heart rate
Q. Does pilocarpine cause weight gain/increase blood pressure?
Pilocarpine increases blood pressure. However, no clinically relevant effect on weight has been reported with the use of pilocarpine
Q. Does pilocarpine help dry eyes?
Yes, pilocarpine helps dry eyes by increasing the production of tears
Q. Does pilocarpine work?
Pilocarpine acts by increasing the activity of chemical acetylcholine, thereby, increasing the secretion from various glands including salivary glands and tear glands. Due to its cholinergic effect, it also constricts the pupil of the eye and improves the outflow of aqueous humor (fluid in within the eye) contributing to reduction in eyeball pressure
Q. Does pilocarpine cause blurred vision/hair loss?
Yes, pilocarpine causes blurred vision. But it does not cause hair loss
Q. How does pilocarpine affect heart rate?
Pilocarpine decreases heart rate by increasing the effect of a chemical called as acetylcholine
Q. How does pilocarpine lower intraocular pressure?
Pilocarpine lowers intraocular pressure by constricting the ciliary muscle of the eyes, therefore increasing the outflow of fluid (aqueous humor) from posterior part of the eye.
User Submitted Feedback For Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule
Patients taking Rivamer 4.5mg Capsule
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Once A Day
What are you using this medicine for?
Dementia in Parkinson's disease