Risperdal 3 Tablet
Primarily used for
10 tablets in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of Risperdal Tablet
Side effects of Risperdal Tablet
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
How to use Risperdal Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Risperdal 3 Tablet at a fixed time.
How Risperdal Tablet works
Risperdal 3 tablet works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Risperdal Tablet
Expert advice for Risperdal Tablet
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Risperdal 3 Tablet
Risperdal 3 Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Risperdal 3 Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Risperdal 3 Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Risperdal 3 Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect+more
your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Risperdal 3 Tablet should be used with caution in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Risperdal 3 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Risperdal 3mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Risperidone
No. Risperdal is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Risperdal is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that Risperdal induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
No. Risperdal is not used for anxiety
No. Risperdal is not a benzo
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug Risperdal
No. Taking Risperdal with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Risperdal cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with Risperdal use. Stop taking Risperdal and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Substitutes for Risperdal Tablet
Respidon 3mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Sizodon 3mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Rispond 3mg Tablet
Micro Labs Ltd
Risdone 3mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ristab 3mg Tablet