food interaction for RIOMET OD
alcohol interaction for RIOMET OD
pregnancy interaction for RIOMET OD
lactation interaction for RIOMET OD
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIOMET OD
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RIOMET OD 1000MG TABLET
Patients taking RIOMET OD 1000MG TABLET
- 61%Once A Day
- 25%Twice A Day
- 6%Thrice A Day
- 5%Four Times A Day
- 2%Thrice A week
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for RIOMET OD
- GLUFORMIN XL 1000 TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 53.23same price
- EXERMET 1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 35.49same price
- MAXFORMIN 1000 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 3.55/tabletRs. 53.23same price
- METOFIX XL 1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.08/tabletRs. 30.84save 13% more per tablet
- SUGAMET SR 1000 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.23/tabletRs. 63.50pay 19% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for RIOMET OD
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for RIOMET OD
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.