food interaction for RIFNIM
alcohol interaction for RIFNIM
pregnancy interaction for RIFNIM
lactation interaction for RIFNIM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIFNIM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RIFNIM 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking RIFNIM 400 MG TABLET
- 58%Twice A Day
- 42%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for RIFNIM
- RIFAGUT 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 25/tabletRs. 250pay 14% more per tablet
- RCIFAX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 25.80/tabletRs. 258pay 18% more per tablet
- SIBOFIX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 28.30/tabletRs. 283pay 29% more per tablet
- TORFIX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 23.70/tabletRs. 237pay 8% more per tablet
- RIXMIN 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.85/tabletRs. 248.50pay 13% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RIFNIM
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions for RIFNIM
Q.Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q.Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q.Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q.Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q.Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q.Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.