food interaction for RIFAXIMAX
alcohol interaction for RIFAXIMAX
pregnancy interaction for RIFAXIMAX
lactation interaction for RIFAXIMAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIFAXIMAX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RIFAXIMAX 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking RIFAXIMAX 400 MG TABLET
- 50%Alternate Day
- 50%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for RIFAXIMAX
- RIFAGUT 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 25/tabletRs. 250pay 16% more per tablet
- RCIFAX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 25.80/tabletRs. 258pay 20% more per tablet
- SIBOFIX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 28.30/tabletRs. 283pay 31% more per tablet
- TORFIX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 23.70/tabletRs. 237pay 10% more per tablet
- RIXMIN 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.85/tabletRs. 248.50pay 15% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RIFAXIMAX
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions for RIFAXIMAX
Q.Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q.Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q.Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q.Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q.Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q.Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.