food interaction for RIBAVIN
alcohol interaction for RIBAVIN
pregnancy interaction for RIBAVIN
lactation interaction for RIBAVIN
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIBAVIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RIBAVIN 200MG CAPSULE
Patients taking RIBAVIN 200MG CAPSULE
- 50%Twice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
- 17%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for RIBAVIN
- REBETOL 200MG CAPSULE(12 capsules in strip)Fulford India LtdRs. 97.94/capsuleRs. 1175.23pay 14% more per capsule
- HEPTOS 200 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 12/capsuleRs. 120save 86% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for RIBAVIN
- This drug should be used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon.
- Take precautions as ribavirin may cause low red cell count (anaemia) that can worsen any heart problems you have and can cause you to have a heart attack that can be life-threatening.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as ribavirin may make you drowsy, dizzy, or confused.
- Do consult your doctor if you have liver problems other than HCV (e.g. cirrhosis or have had a liver transplant), HIV infection, kidney problems or depression.
- Take necessary precautions as ribavirin does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
- Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment with ribavirin.
Frequently asked questions for RIBAVIN
Q.How does ribavirin work?
Ribavirin belongs to a class of antiviral medications called nucleoside analogues. It decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body by blocking its growth, resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q.What are the severe side effects of ribavirin?
Ribavirin may cause anemia that can worsen any heart problems and can cause a heart attack that can be life-threatening. Call your doctor immediately in case you experience excessive tiredness, pale skin, headache, dizziness, confusion, fast heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, or chest pain.