food interaction for RIBAHEP
alcohol interaction for RIBAHEP
pregnancy interaction for RIBAHEP
lactation interaction for RIBAHEP
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIBAHEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RIBAHEPNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for RIBAHEP
- This drug should be used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon.
- Take precautions as ribavirin may cause low red cell count (anaemia) that can worsen any heart problems you have and can cause you to have a heart attack that can be life-threatening.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as ribavirin may make you drowsy, dizzy, or confused.
- Do consult your doctor if you have liver problems other than HCV (e.g. cirrhosis or have had a liver transplant), HIV infection, kidney problems or depression.
- Take necessary precautions as ribavirin does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
- Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment with ribavirin.
Frequently asked questions for RIBAHEP
Q.How does ribavirin work?
Ribavirin belongs to a class of antiviral medications called nucleoside analogues. It decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body by blocking its growth, resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q.What are the severe side effects of ribavirin?
Ribavirin may cause anemia that can worsen any heart problems and can cause a heart attack that can be life-threatening. Call your doctor immediately in case you experience excessive tiredness, pale skin, headache, dizziness, confusion, fast heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, or chest pain.