food interaction for REZ Q D
alcohol interaction for REZ Q D
pregnancy interaction for REZ Q D
lactation interaction for REZ Q D
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for REZ Q D
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for REZ Q D
- REZ Q D 600 MG/100 MG TABLET(21 tablets in strip)Shreya Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 10.64/tabletRs. 223.36same price
Expert advice for REZ Q D
- Take this medication with meals to minimize chances of stomach upset.
- Tell your doctor if you have any heart problems related to irregular rhythm of heartbeats or any liver or kidney disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia).
- You should regularly check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with quinine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to quinine or any of its ingredients or mefloquine or quinidine.
- Avoid if Patients have prolonged QT interval (disordered electrical activity of heart leading to heart disorders).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a hereditary disorder affecting red blood cells).
- Do not take if suffering from myasthenia gravis (a rare disorder characterized by severe muscle weakness).
- Avoid if Patients has optic neuritis (inflammation of the eye nerve causing visual disorders).
- Do not take if Patients have history of blackwater fever (a complication of malaria), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (a rare blood disorder) or thrombocytopenia (abnormally low number of platelets in blood).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from tinnitus (ringing in ears) or hematuria (blood in the urine).
Frequently asked questions for REZ Q D
Q.Is quinine good for leg cramps/ cramps/ stop leg cramps/ help leg cramps?
Yes. Quinine is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps which regularly disrupt sleep
Q.Does quinine help with restless leg syndrome?
No. Quinine is not indicated for use in neurological conditions like restless leg syndrome. It is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps
Q.Is quinine an alkaloid/ a stimulant/ a diuretic?
Quinine is an alkaloid obtained from bark of the cinchona tree. It is not a stimulant (i.e. does not stimulate the brain or any mental functions) or a diuretic (does not increase urine output)
Q.Can you take quinine with warfarin?
Taking warfarin with quinine may increase risk of unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia). Please inform your doctor about all medications you are taking currently before starting quinine treatment
Q.Does quinine prevent malaria?
No. Quinine does not prevent malaria. It is used for the treatment of malaria (caused by parasite Plasmodium falciparum) which is resistant to multiple drugs including chloroquine.
Q.Is Doxicip 100/Doxt s/doxycycline a steroid, a macrolide or a penicillin?
Doxycycline belongs to class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is not a steroid, does not belong to penicillin family and is not a macrolide antibiotic
Q.Is doxycycline safe?
If used for approved indication in appropriate doses, doxycycline is relatively safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Can I take doxycycline for cold, flu, sore throat, boils, strep infection, and ear infection?
Doxycycline is not used to treat viral infection such as common cold and flu. Doxycycline can be used to treat sore throat, boils, strep infection, ear infection
Q.Does doxycycline cover methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
It is used for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Always consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take doxycycline with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol?
Doxycycline may be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol. However, consult your doctor before use it together, for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice
Q.Does doxycycline work for acne scars?
Doxycycline helps in preventing the formation of new acne scars, but may not work for the scars which have already formed
Q.Does doxycycline cause weight gain, tiredness, or headache?
Doxycycline may cause weight gain, tiredness and headache. These effects may vary with the individual taking the medicine.